Another family recipe!!
My grandparents used to make this, then my parents, and now my brother and I make it for our family's.
We usually just call it the "Sausage, Green Bean, Potato Dinner" but today for the sake of this blog, I am calling it "Family Stir-Fry."
I can honestly say that I make this recipe at least once every couple of weeks (once every week during the summer.)!!
There are few ingredients.
You can add almost any vegetables that you like.
It's SO easy! (Only a matter of cutting and then throwing everything into a skillet)
And of course... IT.IS.SO.GOOD!
Veggies, Meat, and Cheese... how could you go wrong?!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Package of Smoked Sausage, cut into coin size pieces (we have used everything from turkey sausage to kielbasa and it all tastes great! If you use turkey sausage you will also need some olive oil)
- 3-4 Redskin Potatoes, cut into 1in pieces
- 1 small bag of frozen green beans
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
Those are the original ingredients...
However, after making this meal many, many times... we have added our favorites and made it our own.
- 1 tsp minced garlic or tbsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 of onion, cut into slices
- ANY other vegetables you have laying around, cut into 1inch pieces (we have used asparagus, bell peppers, and green onion.... ALL tasted great in this dish!)
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat or a griddle at 350 degrees.
First, throw in your sausage. The juices from the meat is all you need as far as flavoring goes! (okay, okay, I know I said add some garlic but it's only because I am a garlic lover! It would taste great without it too!)
If you are using turkey sausage, add a tbsp or 2 of olive oil to the pan first!
Once the sausage starts to sizzle,
add the potatoes. Let cook for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes are close to being cooked through, stirring occasionally.
Add the green beans, and any other vegetables you use. Add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
Let cook until all ingredients are cooked through and to you liking, about another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Turn heat down to low, sprinkle cheese over top, and cover with lid until the cheese is melted.
That's all there is to it!!
Scoop a couple of spoon fulls into a bowl and enjoy!