Monday, February 6, 2012

Cheap & Easy Chicken Lo Mein

I don't know about you all...
but I know that each time I am making my meal plan for the week, I look for a couple of cheap, quick, and easy meals to throw in with the more complex, long list of ingredients, "fancy" meals.

This is one of those.

This is the kind of meal we will have when I am waiting to go grocery shopping again until after payday and I need to just throw something together.

(I found this recipe on http://www.disneyfamily.com/ under recipes.)

"Cheap & Easy Chicken Lo Mein"

Yes, those are Ramen Noodles... .85 cents is pretty cheap & 3 step directions are.. pretty easy.

Here is what you will need:

  • 1 tablespoon oil-sesame or peanut oil
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin slices
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
  • 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger or 1 teaspoon powder
  • 1 3-ounce package chicken flavor ramen noodle soup (I used 2 packages)
  • 1 1-lb bag frozen mixed oriental vegetables
  • 1/4 cup water

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium - high heat until hot. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.

- No pink -

Add the vegetables and lid. Cook until the vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes.

In the meantime, cook the noodles (without the flavor packets) according to the package directions and drain.

Add soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and seasoning packets to water. Mix well.

Pour over chicken and vegetables, add noodles, and toss to mix.

:) And that's all.

Now, by no means is this a gourmet meal...
But for something quick, easy, and CHEAP...
it's pretty great!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect for a quick and easy meal! Loved it! Semper Fi, Sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight. It was easy, good, and fast. The family loved it. Even my picky eater ate it plus the veggies in it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete